Statutes and Rules
§115.28(17)(d), Wis Stats.
General duties. The state superintendent shall:
(17) AMERICAN INDIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE EDUCATION.
(d) Develop a curriculum for grades 4 to 12 on the Chippewa Indians' treaty-based, off-reservation rights to hunt, fish and gather.
§118.01(2)(c)(7.and 8.), Wis Stats.
Educational goals and expectations.
(2) EDUCATIONAL GOALS. . .each school board shall provide an instructional program designed to give pupils:
7. An appreciation and understanding of different value systems and cultures.
8. At all grade levels, an understanding of human relations, particularly with regard to American Indians, Black Americans and Hispanics.
§118.19(8), Wis Stats.
Teacher certificates and licenses.
(8) The state superintendent may not grant to any person a license to teach unless the person has received instruction in the study of minority group relations, including instruction in the history, culture and tribal sovereignty of the federally recognized American Indian tribes and bands located in this state.
§121.02, Wis Stats.
School district standards.
(1) Except as provided in §118.40 (2r)(d), each school board shall:
(h) Provide adequate instructional materials, texts and library services which reflect the cultural diversity and pluralistic nature of American society.
* * *
(L) 4. Beginning September 1, 1991, as part of the social studies curriculum, include instruction in the history, culture and tribal sovereignty of the federally recognized American Indian tribes and bands located in this state at least twice in the elementary grades and at least once in the high school grades.